Costa Rica

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Backpacking Grand Teton National Park: 8 Day Off Trail Trip, including Cirque and Ortenburger Lakes.

This is a solo 8 day trip I did in September 2015 in Grand Teton National Park. Day 1 I hike up Paintbrush Canyon. Day 2 I hike up to Paintbrush Divide, then leave the trail, dropping down into Leigh Canyon and Mink Lake. I climb up to the saddle between Leigh and Moran Canyons, camping there. Day 3 I walk north to Ortenburger Lake. Day 4 I drop down into Moran Canyon, and then up to Cirque Lake. Day 5 I climb up to Maidenform Peak, then work my way over to Littles Peak. I end up camping on a bench above Lake Solitude. Day 6 I follow the crest down to the Wigwams, camping at one of the lakes south of there. Day 7 I climb Table Mountain, and then work my way over to Hurricane Pass and Avalanche Divide. I drop down past Snowdrift Lake, and camp at Lake Taminah. Day 8 I hike down Avalanche Canyon, retrieve my bike at the trailhead, and bike back to my van at String Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment